- Contact Us
- Free Estimates
- Service Areas
- Chesapeake, VA
- Chesapeake, VA Roofing
- Chesapeake Storm Restoration
- Chesapeake Siding
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Virginia Beach Roofing
- Virginia Beach Storm Restoration
- Virginia Beach Siding
- Norfolk, VA
- Norfolk Roofing
- Norfolk Storm Restoration
- Norfolk Siding
- Portsmouth, VA
- Portsmouth Roofing
- Portsmouth Storm Restoration
- Portsmouth Siding
Why You Need a Roof and Siding Inspection After a Storm
When the winds are whipping enough to blow over your lawn furniture and cause even small branches to fall, it’s possible that the storm could also cause damage to your roof or siding. Some homeowners make the mistake of thinking that a storm wasn’t strong enough to cause any damage, but if your roof is older or was already compromised, it really doesn’t take much wind to cause issues.
That’s why it’s a good idea to have a roof and siding inspection following any significant weather event. If you can see damage, such as buckled shingles or missing siding, it’s easy to understand why an inspection is important, but what about if there are no obvious signs of damage?
It’s still smart to have an inspection performed, and here are a few reasons why:
- Not All Damage Can Be Seen From the Ground: The first thing a lot of homeowners do after a storm is walk around their home looking for damage. While that’s a good start, it’s important to remember that some damage cannot be seen from the ground, and it’s only with a thorough inspection it will be found.
- Undetected Damage Can Lead to Secondary Issues: It only takes a small breach in your roof to lead to secondary issues such as leaks, mold, rot, and more. Don’t let a minor undetected problem lead to thousands of dollars in repairs that could have been avoided.
- You’ll Want to File an Insurance Claim as Soon as Possible: If your roof sustains damage that goes unnoticed for a month or two, it may be more difficult proving the claim to your insurance company. That’s why you want to file claims for any storm-related damage as quickly as you can.
The Proven Choice for Your Roofing and Siding Needs
Bayview Exteriors, LLC is a locally owned and operated Hampton Roads roofing company, so we’re well aware what a Nor’Easter, hurricane, or even just a bad thunderstorm can do to your home. We’ve helped many homeowners identify and repair damage to their home’s roof and siding, and the first step is that all-important inspection.
If your roof and siding isn’t damaged, you’ll have peace of mind. If it is, you’ll have all the documentation you need to get the ball rolling on your homeowner’s insurance claim.
Don’t take chances with your Virginia Beach, Norfolk, or Chesapeake area home. Contact Bayview Exteriors for a roofing inspection. If you do need work done, we provide premium materials and expert workmanship at surprisingly affordable prices—and our results are guaranteed by industry-leading warranties.
Contact us today to learn more and to schedule a free consultation and accurate cost estimate. Call 757.461.1300 or fill out our online contact form to get started.